MakerBot – Second print run

On Thursday evening one of the members of the 3D printing co-op did some work on calibrating the extruders. He was then able to print one of the shark models without a problem.
So on Friday lunch-time we tried printing the spiral cup model, you can see a picture of it below:

Cup model

Cup model

After this we visited the MakerBot site and downloaded a 3D Ball in a Box wireframe from Thingiverse, as well as the software required to export it to SD card format.
Once the file was exported and ready to go, we started printing it.
Unfortunately we had problems once again with the half-finished model being dislodged and the print messing up.
So it looks like we will have to do a little more work on calibrating the parts! It appears that when the plastic cools it is lifting up from the heated plate, which is contributing to the problem.
If anyone reading the blog has had a similar problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s